Monday, February 6, 2012

Louis Phillipe campaign behind the scenes

Just returned from an amazing shoot in Capetown South Africa. I couldn't get over how beautiful that city is. The shoot was for mens fashion brand Louis Phillipe and the campaign will launch in the next few weeks so can't give out too much info but here's a quick behind the scenes snap of one of the setups.

The sun was screaming bright so to diffuse the shadows we used a large scrim, 12' x 12' and then I key shifted the ambient light back down with a beauty dish. It gives a nice poppy surreal pastel sort of look.

stayed tuned for more images.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gees that scrim is huge. Can't wait to see the results.

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Michael Sugrue said...

Hey Martin, I've been following your work for a couple of years, and you've come an incredibly long way. Congrats and keep up the great work! Well done.

Unknown said...

damn...you were here? and I missed the chance to meet you? that sucks :(
I've been following your work for a while now and you've actually inspired me to take on a "365 project" this year. I'm on day 38 now and learning so much every day. Your photography is fantastic, but it wasn't your style or technique that inspired me...it was your approach to life and living. Thank you for that. Maybe next time you're shooting here in Cape Town I'll get to thank you in person :)

CHRISTOPHER COLLIE said...

Simply awesome Martin! I said hi to Greg Blue for you too.. actually went to bought his DIY version of this scrim today. It's a great course here in Vancouver; thanks for recommending it those months ago. If you ever need an assitant in India.. I'm travelling there sometime near the end of the year

CHRISTOPHER COLLIE said...

Simply awesome Martin! I said hi to Greg Blue for you too.. actually went to buy his DIY version of this scrim today. It's a great course here in Vancouver; thanks for recommending it those months ago! If you ever need an assitant in India.. I'm travelling there sometime near the end of the year