Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Back from Nepal and Tanzania

For those of you who have been following this blog for any amount of time, you'll know how important it is for me to be able to balance my commercial and personal work.

By personal work, I usually refer to jobs or projects that don't pay much or anything at all, but usually fill me up in other ways.

My recent work with the NGO ChildReach International definitely falls under this category. CRI is a London based NGO that works to improve the conditions of impoverished children in various parts of the world. They help build schools, fund advocacy for child rights, pay teachers' wages, help repair water wells...you name it.

Like any other charity, they rely on fundraising to achieve these efforts and vital to this effort is a catalogue of great imagery to help capture the spirit of their work.

So, lucky me. I get to fly around the world, all expenses paid, to build this catalogue. Pretty much the photographers dream.

These most recent images are from CRI projects in Nepal and Tanzania and I have to tell ya; these are some of the most amazing children I have ever met. Its truly startling how a life of no television and video games seems to keep young eyes so undimmed.

No fancy lights, no battery packs, no truckload of assistants, no nagging clients; just me...and my camera for two weeks. Pure bliss.













11 comments:

Manpreet Ahuja Visual Solutions said...

Sweet !!

Unknown said...

Love it Martin. Great to see you expressing all parts of you - from the fashion mag to the third world..from complexity to simplicity. A beautiful balance that I know suits you well. Big hug xx

Gavin Firkser said...

Ah great photo's Martin! Even though impoverished, they look happier and more full of life than most kids I see back home. Amazing :)

Gavin Firkser said...

Great photo's Martin!
Even though impoverished, they look happier and more full of life than kids I see back home.
Amazing :)

Unknown said...

Lovely photos Martin, really enjoying your blog. Cheers, David

Magic said...

Awesome!!

Magic said...

Awesome pictures Martin!!

Unknown said...

I love that these aren't typical sad photographs of poor kids NGO's have used to fundraise. The images are beautiful, the subjects are so full of life.

Cruz said...

God Bless Everyone. I have been to remote villages in the southern part of India few yrs back...their smiles are worth travelling anywhere. What is so wonderful is their little world does not stop them from dreams...glad to hear 4m u too.

Prutha Raithatha said...

love these images!!!

http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

Chitra said...

VERY NICE