Thursday, December 4, 2008

New York, NY














I couldn't help but hum the Sinatra down 5th Ave, or through Central park, or while eating out in Little Italy.

NYC is so full on, so alive, all the time. The streets are like rivers and the skyscrapers tower above you like the walls of a gaping canyon. New Yorkers are fast, direct, to the point and polite. The subways are a trip, oozing with a subterranean life of their own; dirty, edgy and ultimately efficient. The bars and restaurants are packed and the art galleries and museums full of great and sometimes downright shitty, art. 

Wade had a few Kirtan shows going on so Corwin and I tagged along, bundled up in our hats, scarves and gloves. It was cold, like hit you in the face with a brick, cold. Tonia was visiting with Clara in Queens so we hooked up for dinner and some dancing and i asked her to marry me and she said yes and then we drank champagne and then drank some more wine and i'm not using any punctuation because thats what a whirlwind it all was. Anyway, I can't wait to go back but I'm going to have to really make as the world's most successful photographer because that city is freakin' expensive.

anyway, here are some photos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are such a talented individual marty. you inspire me to keep my artistic ideas flowing bud!! See ya soon...